Friday, July 26, 2013

core tests written

I like what I have completed for my testing.  I now have coverage for what I consider to be the most important and unique core functionality.  I still have plans to expand coverage to some of the more utility type functionality, although most of that will not affect the core operations of the product.  That is going to be mostly for testing for bugs and other general automation purposes. 

I also did some routine maintenance to some of the functionality that I was testing.  This isn't going to change the functionality or performance in any way, but it will make the code more pleasant to read.  These are minor changes, but I'll have to make sure that I remember to create a backup. 

I still have some code left to document that I've been meaning to get to for a while.  The part that I'm looking forward to is expanding the complexity of the existing tests.  All of the basics that I wanted to accomplish are done and now I can focus on meaningful upgrades to the core set of tests.  I think for now I have completed what I wanted to for this project and it's time to start thinking about where my energy is going to be best spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment