Monday, August 12, 2013

educational materials

As most companies should?  As most companies do?  I don't know, but I have a very short educational series for potential employees.  It's not really a comprehensive series at the moment, although I have considered expanding my topics to prepare someone in all aspects of the work that is part of my company. At the moment I have what I think is the most basic guide possible for someone that already works in the industry but may not be familiar with the code I have. 

Although this seems like a good thing to have around, I have been debating on the actual usefulness of the project.  I think that the actual useful part for the basic instructions would be to post videos to YouTube, advertise, and then wait/hope for followers.  If someone likes the series enough, they would be a potential new hire.  That seems reasonable since most experienced engineers probably don't troll the net for beginner videos.

If I wait until I expand my lesson plan, I could make an actual course with required content and maybe even tests (although technically that's the code).  I know that I'm going to have to go through some to most of it anyway.  I currently have documentation, but I don't have anything outside of pictures that actually demonstrates how the technical details work.  Perhaps I'm just assuming too much though.  I think that when I have the money to hire someone, getting them to be productive won't be quite as hard as I imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment