Saturday, August 24, 2013

mental awareness

Steady progress.  I can almost see the end of the first round of changes.  Almost.  Probably another day or two, hopefully.  Then it'll be time for the second and third rounds of changes.  I don't know if that's going to happen anymore.  I can literally feel the motivation draining from my body.  I don't think that's a good sign.  I've noticed that my work is already getting sloppy.  In places where I would have made noticeable improvements at the beginning, I'm starting to just skim over.  I'm not sure if it's going to be helpful if I just let my quality slip.

I think that what I need to do is to start thinking about where I'm going to go next.  If I have a destination in mind, I won't be forced to continue with this project while my pace is starting to slow.  The only problem is that I don't have anywhere to go next, so this will be my mental note to start doing some planning.  The code restructuring project is something that I should be doing at regular intervals.  If I can plan well enough that is something I will do.

I am already noticing that I have a better mental awareness of my overall company infrastructure.  I think that by going over all of my projects, obviously with less severe changes in mind, on a regular basis I will start to be capable of having a mental organization of everything that I'm working on.  This is going to be a big step for me for decision making, new ideas, and most importantly, implementing small changes across a large project space.

No comments:

Post a Comment