Thursday, August 22, 2013

observations and stuff

I think I'm getting close to the half-way point.  Then I probably have another round or two to go.  Now that I think about it, this is going to be a major turning point for my company.  Or maybe just a minor turning point eventually.  But this is where I see what's actually involved in making changes to all of the products in my company.  I will need to be able to do this.  I have created everything and if there is ever a problem, something needs to be explained, or things just need to be updated or upgraded, I will be the one responsible.

There is no visible progress yet.  More text that doesn't accomplish anything.  If you were working at my company you might appreciate what I'm doing.  You might not to be honest.  There are more files.  Every project now has slightly more to it.  Well, every project that I've gotten to so far.  But when I'm done with this first round, every project in my company will have more files.  There will be more rounds before I start working on anything new and those rounds may or may not add more files. People might like the next round of changes more, they may not.  But I have already decided that all of the rounds will improve my code.

I've already noticed that I'm skipping over things.  Sometimes I skip over little things and make notes of it.  Sometimes I'm skipping over big things that I might go back and change eventually.  The big things are going to require more thought.  I think the most discouraging part of this so far is noticing improvements that I could be making while I'm coding.  Yeah, I should go back and make the necessary changes.  I will eventually.  But I just finished that part.  There's so much left to do, I need to stay as focused as possible.  I think I'm doing a good job.  I like what I've accomplished so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment