Monday, August 5, 2013

promo writing

Taking screen shots was a lot more work that expected.  Although, my real problem was not keeping myself up to date.  It's been a long time since I've taken screen shots of any of my products and things have changed dramatically since then.  So, I have to start every app and go through it's basic functionality looking for anything important that might need to be mentioned in a public promo.  Then the fairly simple task of sizing the screenshot for a web page but still making sure that someone can figure out what it is they're looking at.

Then after that was copying logos into the right directory and writing product descriptions.  I'm still not as far along as I'd like to be, so I'll probably either work late tonight or continue working on this more tomorrow.  But now that all of my products have at least some sort of representation and what is represented is the most recent version, I'm starting to get a lot better mental picture of what my company looks like.

I'm not sure how much time I would actually spend on this (or how much I care), but I think an interesting follow-up to today's work is going to be either a slight change to my promo batch script or a series of promo batch scripts.  This way, I can launch all of my promo materials with one script and hopefully (if I care enough) I'll be able to group the products by their respective sector.  The visual separation of the promo materials is one of my favorite ways to think about my companies structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment