Friday, August 2, 2013

unexpected day off

Talk about outrageous!  A day off yesterday and not even a courtesy post!  Well, I am thoroughly ashamed of myself.  Actually, I'm not because I had a virus on my computer and I spent yesterday figuring out how to remove it.  It turns out, I had some plugins that I had to uninstall from my browsers.  That about about the extend of the virus nightmare, although it did take a long time to figure out and now I have to change all of my passwords that might have been compromised.  There's no telling how long this virus might have been there.  And yeah, this is a legitimate complaint.  It takes a long time to think of a new password, especially something that is both secure and memorable.  And on top of that, I was very proud of my password system and now I have to changed the whole thing.

Oh well.  These things happen, life moves on.  It's not like anyone was hurt in any meaningful way, I just have to remember some new stuff that I wasn't remembering before.  In the meantime though, I was able to get quite a bit done with the old code upgrades.  I have one minor change to make, but I don't think I'm going to bother with that right now.  It mostly involves shuffling around my architecture without really changing or writing any new code.  I'll probably spend a while testing my new code and updating and tests that may have been affected by the current changes.  Functionally and visually, the project should work almost exactly as before.

Now is the time where I will need to stop coding so much and start focusing more on organizing my company.  When I get organized enough to be working on my todo lists, that's probably where I'll start doing actual code again.  Before I get there though, I have a lot of work getting the rest of my infrastructure up to date.  I have almost no documentation for all of my most recent projects.  These will need to have at minimum the same internal visibility as all of the previous projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment