Friday, January 24, 2014

Marketing Needs

The final part of my marketing documentation mini series is going to finally go all the way into the actual marketing aspect of documentation possibilities.  Now, keep in mind I have only done the functional uses and templates for one product so far, so most of this is about advantages of going in this direction.  When I start to have pamphlets, flyers, and advertisements that tell people exactly what they need, why they need it, and in a fair amount of cases, what it is that I'm trying to accomplish, that's when I'm going to start to turn the corner and be able to be taken seriously.  People want to spend their money on things they need or feel will make their lives better.  Creating something that the average, apathetic consumer wants to view is much different from even writing technical documentation that engineers need to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment