Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Research Efficiency

Learning a new technology is not an efficient business practice.  I think this is bothering me because I have a project in mind that I want to use this technology for.  Having a use in mind does help you learn the material, but new technology just can not be depended on for something that you need or what to have on any sort of timeline.  If anything, it might be helping me to learn too quickly.  All I want to do is get through the material, and find more material and get through that.  I'm not sure if this is obvious or not, but it's probably not the best idea to be thinking that far ahead while you're trying to learn something.  Unfortunately for me, I'm in too deep and I can't turn back now.  I probably could, but then I'd have to do the same thing somewhere else and that's just going to be a big waste a time.  So, when I say something isn't efficient, I guess it's a little about context.

No comments:

Post a Comment