Saturday, January 31, 2015

Expanding Company Doc

I have decided that not only do I not have enough documentation for my company, but I am not even entirely sure how to properly document what it is that I have.  I first started thinking about this when I was creating my strategy materials.  I left out the strategy specifics that would require me to do research and to go into actual parts of my products.  This reminded me that I have generally avoided talking about product specifics anywhere in my company.  This started when I was designing promotional HTML pages and couldn't quite decide how much information would be necessary to explain what was happening.  Now that I am going back and putting my products into writing, I can see a lot of places where the details can either be confusing, hard to explain, or assumed to be obvious where they might not be.  I can already tell that I might not even be using enough detail now to get all of my points across, so I might have to go through this process again in the future.  Hopefully, if I can get some feedback at some point I will know whether that is necessary or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment