Monday, April 20, 2015

Cleaning Up Ideas And Staying In Motion

Today's work was primarily translating images that I had drawn into code.  I'd had the idea around for quite a while now, but I never really bothered to start working on it because the technical details weren't too complicated until you got to areas that required funding.  There is a fair amount of things that I could still work on just because I wanted to, but in most cases you want to be able to justify your work in some way.  I think that a better motivation for me was the thought of expanding my technical portfolio.  I'm not sure if it's even a smart business decision to maintain products across a wide range of areas, different technologies and audiences.  Right now, I don't have any customers so it might actually be a smart idea to give myself as many opportunities as possible.  I want to be able to make money and maintain a steady income for a long period of time.  This has a much better chance of success by not narrowing your target too much (although, the same could be said for the possible drop in quality).  What's most important though, is that it is an enjoyable engineering experience.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete