Sunday, November 27, 2016

Getting Stuff Right

I have officially taken my first step towards having a human-readable business plan.  One of my products now has the beginnings of one business plan.  This is an enormous step forward for me since it is as far away from engineering work as you can get while still discussing the topic.  It's kind of surprising to see how far away I was at my attempts at a business plan.  I pretty much just went over my favorite features and made notes about what made them my favorite features.  I also tried to imagine who might like those features.  I think we'd be friends.  An actual business plan has to take into account that someone with no knowledge of the industry at all might read it.  I have to consider things like employees and building space.  It's going to be a long journey, but so far seems like a necessary one.  From what I've been able to guess so far, I'd think that all of my products are going to need one, although since it will get pretty repetitive I'll just do my favorites first.

No comments:

Post a Comment